*NEW* Search Our Team Reports! Type a word/phrase in the box below (hint: try "settlers').

6.17.2009

Summer Team Member - Nancy

Helloooo :)

My name is Nancy and I am apart of the summer team going to Palestine! A little background about myself - I am political science student, and in the fall I will be starting my senior year at MSU! I have always had an interest in different cultures and foreign countries. I have spent a lot of time traveling, which I love. I have traveled in North America, Europe, and the Middle East, visiting a total of 13 foreign countries (soon to be 15!).

My initial interest in Palestine and Israel came from an abundant amount of hours studying the conflict in my political science classes. Then, after spending some time in the Middle East, my interest grew immensely. I was in the United Arab Emirates (a country where many Palestinian refugees now live) during the Gaza attacks earlier this year. During this time, I was able to see first hand some of the affects this conflict has on not only Palestinians and Israelis, but also neighboring Arab nations, and the world as a whole. After returning home from the Middle East, I was determined to do what I could to promote peace in Palestine and Israel. Shortly thereafter, I joined the MPT summer team and off to Palestine I will go!

I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to work in the West Bank as part of the Michigan Peace Team. MPT is an incredible organization that I am proud to be apart of. I look forward to working with my 7 amazing teammates, while we try to better the lives of those affected by this conflict.

Nancy :)

No comments: