*NEW* Search Our Team Reports! Type a word/phrase in the box below (hint: try "settlers').

6.10.2009

Summer Team Member- Whitney

Hello all!

I’m Whitney, another member of the summer team.

I graduated this past May from Michigan State University where I studied Social Relations and Policy as well as Comparative Cultures and Politics. While studying at MSU I spent a summer interning at Michigan Peace Team, and have been interested in the work MPT does in Israel/Palestine ever since. During my last year of college I studied conflict and conflict resolution, Arabic, Judaism, Israeli policy and society, and religious and secular societies to try and better understand the different dynamics of the conflict. After long hours in the classroom I cannot wait to finally get out in the field!

Since the summer of 2008 MPT has been a critical part of my life, teaching me about myself and the world around me and providing me with wonderful opportunities to work with and learn from the bravest and kindest people I have ever known. Before I started my internship I had no idea what I would do after I graduated from MSU. Now, because of MPT and everything they have taught me about nonviolent direct action, I plan to pursue a graduate degree in peace and justice studies and/or conflict resolution after I return from the WB.

Thanks to MPT for helping me figure out my future, and thanks to my friends and family for believing in me and making it all possible!

No comments: